The study revealed the following opportunities and challenges to a more sustainable screen sector.
- Develop a nationally consistent carbon measurement and management framework
- Develop tools to accelerate consistent data collection and provide the capability for effective sustainable production planning
- Tie government screen incentive funding with a commitment to data collection and carbon reporting
- Build on the foundations of existing successful cross-sector collaborations to develop and adopt sector-wide sustainability guidelines
- Lack of clear sector-specific direction from government and dedicated resources to support a transition to sustainable practices
- Lack of education and tools for screen professionals to transition towards sustainable practice
- The perception that transitioning towards sustainable practice is difficult and costly
- Limited access to offshore production companies' data makes it challenging to quantify the impact.
Over the coming months, Screen Auckland and Arup will work with the sector to achieve a detailed assessment of its environmental impacts, developing a vision and commitment to transition towards more sustainable practice.
We look forward to you joining us on this journey to a more sustainable future.
If you have any questions about this study, please contact Matthew Horrocks, Manager Screen Auckland.